Sunday, November 14, 2010

Highs and Lows...

Today was a day of highs and lows. Some days still totally blindside me unfortunately. I was in church and halfway to my seat before I remembered why church was packed and there were an awful lot of babies there….

Oh right, the Baby Dedication was today…needless to say it did not go very well.

I managed to make it out of the room at least before losing it. After I pulled myself together I was able to watch from the connections cafĂ©. I know it’s meant for crying babies but apparently it works well for crying mommies also. No matter how hard I tried I just couldn’t stop thinking about how we should have been up there with Jack, imagining how it would be if only things had gone differently. Needless to say it was NOT my favorite Sunday…

Since we had another fundraiser today DJ took Mackenzie to the Children’s Miracle Network Golf Tournament so that I could go hang out with some awesome ladies and do some Christmas shopping. Today was our Thirty-One Gifts fundraising party. Let me say if you have never been to a Thirty-One Gifts party, you definitely need to check it out! I had the hardest time trying to decide what to get…or should I say what NOT to get!! There was so much cute stuff to look through. I’d love to post all of the cute stuff that I ordered but most of it is meant for Christmas presents so it will have to wait :-) I am so incredibly thankful to Elizabeth for hosting the party and to our Thirty-One Gifts consultant Ashley Haley for so generously donating her commission from the party to the adoption fund.

Ashley has agreed to keep ordering for the party open until next Sunday so if you are looking for some super cute Christmas presents head on over to her website www.mythrityone.com/AshelyHaley/ . Just remember to select “Elizabeth Hood’s Party” when you checkout.

Post again soon!
~Jeny

1 comment:

  1. I was thinking about you with a heavy heart during the service. Prayers.

    ReplyDelete