Sunday, November 21, 2010

Random Ramblings

It’s hard to believe that Thanksgiving is this week!! It really seems like it was just summer and already the end of the year is in sight. I have been working on our Christmas shopping list today. Mackenzie is proving hard to shop for because she has given so few clues as to what she would actually like. The first time I asked her what she wanted Santa to bring her she responded with “Whatever he wants to bring me is fine.” Wow, talk about the response that a parent really wants to hear!

After some close observation we finally came up with a few items to put on her wish list. Top of the list? Baby doll stuff of course! I must admit that shopping for Christmas is one of my most favorite activities of the year. Especially Black Friday shopping!! Yes, for those of you who are not familiar with the darker side of Jeny, I am one of “those people”. You know one of the crazy women that stand in line in the cold for hours just for the privilege of shopping with hundreds of other cranky tired obsessed parents looking for that one toy that their child just HAS to have! I go for an entirely different reason – it’s the same reason that I clip coupons and stalk grocery store circulars. It’s the thrill of the hunt. I just love looking at that receipt and seeing in black and white how much I’ve saved.

On the adoption front, this week was filled with doctor’s appointments and fingerprinting. The fingerprinting experience was interesting. I’ve been fingerprinted before but had to be re-fingerprinted for the agency. We are still working on our “homework packet”. We’re hoping to have all of that done and submitted soon despite the busy holiday season.

Also, we have added a “ChipIn” button on the right sidebar. This will give people the opportunity to contribute to the adoption fund if they feel called to do so. We are about 10% of the way to the total cost of adoption and about $7,100 from the point where we can start applying for grants. Thank you so much to everyone who has helped us get to the 10% mark!!

Post again soon!
~Jeny

No comments:

Post a Comment