Tuesday, June 19, 2012

My kids are growing up entirely too fast. Last night my baby girl took 2 steps all by herself! Eeek! She isn't even 10 months yet, I am not ready for her to be mobile. Today at camp, Mackenzie lost her 6th tooth! She even had the courage to put this one under her pillow. (Prior teeth have been left on the hearth of the fireplace because she wasn't quite sure that she wanted this fairy person in her room :@)

Father's Day around here was rather uneventful other than the epic 3 hour family nap we took. Daddy's only request for the day was lunch after church at Golden Corral -- this may have had something to do with the 3 hour nap. Even Avery had that glassy-eyed-I-just-can't-fit-any-more-in-my-mouth look.

We don't have a whole lot planned for this summer outside of our annual trip over Labor Day weekend. My birthday falls at the end of August so we usually try and plan a trip to Atlanta for Labor Day. We just started planning it, but I'm already getting excited. Our trip usually consists of a (couple) Braves games, the aquarium, Centennial Park, etc. We missed last year because of the adoption (SO totally worth it!!) so I'm excited to introduce Avie to yet another family tradition. Another plus is that we will finally get to visit the memorial brick that our family ordered for Jack. We went the year before last but they hadn't put it down yet. Sure to be a bittersweet moment.

Before we can get to that though we have a Pighetti dinner to plan!! Things are starting to come together. There is an ever-growing list of auction items on the Called to Adopt website http://calledtoadopt.org/upcoming-events-2/. I will try to get some pictures up also on the items that are available.

Post again soon,
~Jeny

No comments:

Post a Comment