Sunday, January 27, 2013

Camping!!!

We went camping this weekend - first time in a LOOOOOONG time. I think Mackenzie was still a baby the last time I camped. Mackenzie doesn't remember camping so the whole new experience for her. We got a tent for Chirstmas and we finally had a weekend to try it out. Luckily there are tons of campgrounds within a short drive of Central Florida. DJ went and got our campsite set up and I joined him with the girls after work on Friday.

Here's what I learned from our expereience:
  1. People who say it doesn't get cold in Florida are lying
  2. There are very few people raising their children with manners :(
  3. A family of 4 can fit (if not comfortably) on a queen size air bed
Friday night was WAY colder than I expected and the night was VERY long! But we survived. Luckily we were close enough to home that I could run home Saturday morning and grab some more blankets (and take a shower :-) Luckily Saturday turned out to be a gorgeous day!! Saturday night was just about as cold but at least we got more sleep...until the kids joined us.

Mackenzie had a blast especially since she was joined on Saturday by a couple of her friends. Avery was less sure of camping but hopefully she will warm up to it the more we go. I think she'll like it better when it isn't quite so cold.

I love being able to pass down these traditions to my girls :-)

Post again soon!
~Jeny

2 comments:

  1. I'll never forget the time we went to the Ocala forest and there was a fire. I bet you were old enough to remember that. I was pregnant with Steven at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tell that story all the time! :-)

    ReplyDelete