Sunday, February 13, 2011

Random Ramblings

The silence over the last week (or so) is due to the fact that we were partying hard in the big easy last weekend. We had such a fabulous time with our extended family celebrating the kick off of the Mardi Gras season. I tried to get some nice formal pictures of DJ and me from the ball, but the best (and only) contestant is below. I like it other than the fact that DJ is wearing a paper chef’s hat and I have a plastic crab peeking out of my dress.




The rest of the weekend was more low-key. We spent some time just hanging out and taking in the sights. New Orleans is a city we lived in for a little over a year right after we got married and still love to visit and wander around in. We were also super lucky to meet brand new baby “M” (Congratulations K & G!). Mackenzie was totally enamored and loved holding her and “helping” change her diaper. I am also very proud to report that I held a brand-new baby (twice) without crying…and I didn’t even cry when I realized I had done it. Ok, doesn’t seem like that big of a deal, but tiny babies still get me weepy. A few months ago it would have upset me to be holding such a reminder of Jack, but I am happy to note that the healing process continues.

In addition to holding a tiny baby, I also got a hands-on lesson in cloth diapering. It’s something that we (ok I’ll admit mostly “I”) have been toying with lately. I’ve done a lot of research online but it was so great to get an in person break down. Plus I think it went very far in helping convince DJ. The only drawback may be daycare. I need to talk to them and make sure that they are onboard with it. Fingers crossed that conversation goes well.

On the adoption front things continue to plug along. We are waiting on the last of our personal references to trickle in and then we’ll be ready to schedule our home study…hopefully our home will be ready for it. I am seriously considering “cheating” by bringing in a professional. Most people get around to “Spring Cleaning” but we never seem to have the time…or maybe it just isn’t that big of a priority for us. Yeah, sad to admit that I may be missing that domestic gene…

Post again soon,
~Jeny

No comments:

Post a Comment