Tuesday, April 12, 2011

2nd Home Study Visit

Our 2nd home study visit was yesterday. This was the intense one where she got to know the “real” Jeny. Our social worker showed up around 12:45 and left around 3:45. That’s a lot of talking! It was great to be able to sit down with her after having just gone through the adoption class. I feel like we have a good picture of the rest of the process. DJ has his one-on-one on the 25th then our final home visit is scheduled for May 2nd. Woohoo!! She said after that it would take a couple weeks to finalize the report.

I have started on our family profile…a truly daunting task! I hope to have a draft of it ready for our final home study visit so the social worker can take a look at it and offer constructive criticism. If we can do that then we have a good chance of having it done by the time the home study is finalized. Next step would be to write them a final check and we will officially be an active waiting family! For those of you following the math that puts us mid to end of May.

What happens next you ask??? We wait…. How long you ask??? Yeah, I’d like to know that too. Basically we could get “The Call” any time after that. Also, we could be matched with a birth mom that has a month or two left in her pregnancy…or…she could have already delivered. I know, crazy, right??? Ideally we’d love some time to get to know her before she delivers, but ultimately we are resting in God’s will here. He has already chosen the baby for our family and I can’t wait to meet them!

BTW – We also got Mackenzie registered for kindergarten yesterday. Yes kindergarten!!! Eeeekkk! I can’t believe she’s growing up so fast!!!

Post again soon,
~Jeny

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I just stumbled across your blog. My husband and I are just beginning our adoption journey. We also have a daughter who is almost four. We struggled for years to have her. We feel we have some much love to share and we can't wait to see where this journey takes us. It is exciting to others who have similar stories on this journey and I hope you don't mind if I follow along on yours. We just completed the preliminary application and are waiting for the next step. May God Bless you on your journey, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blog! Glad you found us. Can't wait to hear your journey! :@)

    ReplyDelete