Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Well, remarkable we have made it through the weekend. Woohoo! Definitely deserving of a medal over here!

Saturday was Mackenzie’s birthday party, wow, talk about craziness! We actually had a pony….yup real life pony… DJ has a client that owns a farm so we got the pony on trade luckily. We also planted wildflower seeds in pots AND I managed to bake and frost 48 cupcakes and turn 24 of them into bumblebees. Somehow we managed to get everything pulled together in time (Thank you Naomi for helping out!!) Mackenzie had a great time and everything went off without a hitch. Next year is definitely going to be more low key.


Sunday was the one year anniversary of losing Jack. Wow, really hard to believe that it’s been a year already. Amazingly enough I was mostly zen-like through the day. I think I got most of it out on Saturday night, it was NOT pretty. I lost my cool a couple times with DJ – not proud of that. We hung low most of the day, church in the morning then lunch with friends and missional training with church that night. I really prayed for peace and for God to take my anxiety and I really did feel it. I also know that we had a lot of people praying for us and we truly appreciate you guys!! Glad to have that milestone behind us. Apparently the weekend took its toll on me because we ended up going to bed at 8:30 last night.


On the adoption side, things are coming together for the dinner and silent auction. It is seriously right around the corner!!! I finally got the flyer made up, not sure how to post it here, but if you would like a copy just email me at info@calledtoadopt.org and I will send it to you. The details are starting to come together and we have had another donation for the silent auction. Elizabeth Hood has donated an awesome Ava Anderson body care basket!! If you haven’t heard of Ava Anderson just scan back through the blog, I have bragged on their products frequently as they are AMAZING!! Check out her website here.


Just a reminder that the Pighetti Dinner and Silent Auction is scheduled for April 2nd at the Winter Park Christian Church in Winter Park. Dinner starts at 5:30 and the bidding starts at 6. Hope to see you all there!!!


Post again soon!
~Jeny

1 comment:

  1. Jeny -- I am so excited for someone to take this Ava basket home and be able to make their home a little bit safer!

    For anyone who emails me at NonToxicBeth@gmail.com or calls me to place an order (678.773.1406)and mentions the adoption, I will give them 10% off their order and donate an additional 10% to the adoption fund through the end of April! Hoping to send you a BIG check :)

    ReplyDelete